Serving Clients Since 1979
Kansas City Family Law Attorney
Family-related legal issues are perhaps the most emotionally charged of all legal matters that you may face. These are extremely sensitive matters involving the details of your personal relationships, which may include issues relating to child custody, division of property, spousal support/maintenance, child support, and more. Serious decisions will need to be made at a time when you may be overwhelmed by confusion, uncertainty, and doubt. At such a critical juncture in your life, you need objective legal advice, straight-forward guidance, and a clear understanding of your legal situation that only an experienced attorney can provide.
At Krigel & Krigel, P.C., our family lawyers are driven by a governing philosophy that seeks to solve rather than create unnecessary contention. We take the title “counselor” seriously and believe in a taking a holistic view, considering all aspects of our client’s lives including their long-term goals. Our attorneys are sensitive to the legal challenges that arise with complicated and emotionally charged family dynamics, and are committed to providing common-sense advice that best serves our client’s specific needs. We don’t believe in scorched-earth litigation tactics, but do enjoy actively litigating in the courtroom when necessary.
Discuss Your Case With a Family Law Attorney Kansas City for a Confidential Consultation. Contact Krigel & Krigel Via Email or by Phone at (816) 578-0077 To Get Started.
Our Family Law Services in Kansas City
Our competent team provides full family law services, including the following:
- Divorce – This includes contested and uncontested cases, high net-worth divorces, and same-sex cases.
- Child custody and visitation – We advocate on your behalf to protect your parental rights and relationship with your child(ren).
- Child support – We can help you determine a fair and reasonable payment amount based on the laws and guidelines of your specific county and state.
- Spousal Support/Maintenance – This may include temporary or permanent support awards determined by the laws and guidelines of your specific county and state.
- Property division – We will use all resources available to us in seeking a fair and just property settlement.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – These agreements outline each party’s property and financial rights and responsibilities in a contractual agreement either before or after marriage.
- Paternity – A paternity action must be initiated by unmarried parents in order to pursue a legal determination of paternity, custody orders, and child support.
- Modifications – You may need to seek a modification of a current judgment/order due to substantial changes in your or your children’s lives.
- Contempt/Enforcement – Family court orders relating to custody and support issues may need to be enforced by court action where a person has been noncompliant or in violation of the court’s orders.
- Grandparent’s rights – We represent those involved in seeking or contesting visitation and access to a child by grandparents.
- Third party custody – We represent those involved in seeking or contesting custody of a child by a third party.
- Adoption/Surrogacy – We guide you through the legal process for all types of adoptions. This area of law also includes issues related to surrogacy and reproductive technology.
- Guardianships and conservatorships – We can help you seek or contest these actions through the courts in relation to an adult or minor allegedly in need of a legal protection.
- Name changes – We can guide you through the process for both adult and minor name changes.
- Mediation – This alternative dispute resolution method can save you the time, stress, and expense of litigation, as well as leave you in control of the outcome of your case.
Krigel & Krigel also provides guidance designed to protect your estate for your family’s long-term interests. Please visit our estate planning page for further information.
No matter what family law issue you are facing, our Kansas City family law attorneys have likely encountered it before. But we also know that every family is unique, every case is different, and every client has his or her own needs and objectives. Thus, our lawyers provide the individualized and customized legal strategies needed for each client.