Buying and selling commercial real estate includes many risks that are not involved in the average purchase or sale of a home. Commercial transactions are guided by the doctrine of caveat emptor—let the buyer beware—with few protections built in. An experienced commercial real estate attorney can help you understand the risks and limit them.
Our real estate lawyers advise business owners in all of the legal issues that may be involved in the purchase or sale of commercial property, including:
- Drafting broker contracts and agreements
- Environmental claims, such as buried gasoline tanks or contamination
- Land use and development
- Zoning ordinances
- Real estate foreclosures
- Commercial leases
- Breach of purchase agreement claims
- Resolving title issues such as easements, mechanics liens, tax liens, and litigation attachments
- Eminent domain and condemnation claims
- Property defect and misrepresentation claims
- 1031 exchanges
In addition to assisting clients in both the purchase and the sale of commercial property in Kansas and Missouri, our attorneys handle real estate loan documentation for a number of banks as well as clients who are seeking to buy commercial property. Our real estate attorneys also represent landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements.