Erlene W. Krigel is one of the managing partners of Krigel & Krigel, P.C. She heads the bankruptcy department, overseeing attorneys who handle Chapter 7, 11, and 13 matters for both debtors and creditors.
In February 1985, she was appointed by the United States Department of Justice to serve as a Chapter 7 panel trustee in the Western District of Missouri, becoming the first woman appointed as a trustee in the district. She is regularly appointed to approximately 600 cases per year. In September 1996, she was appointed by the United States Trustee Office to serve as a Chapter 12 panel trustee in the Western District of Missouri, where she is also a regular speaker at bankruptcy seminars.
Erlene Krigel was admitted to the Missouri Bar in September 1979. She is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri and for the District of Kansas. She attended the University of Arizona for her undergraduate degree and earned her law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
She is a member of the Missouri Bar Association, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the American Bankruptcy Institute, and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees. She serves on the Justice for All Committee for Legal Aid of Western Missouri and as a trustee on the Law Foundation board for the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law.
She is a past President of Jewish Family Services and a past President of the Law Foundation. She was awarded the Robert C. Welch Volunteer Attorney Project Award in 2005.
Year Joined Organization
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Western District of Missouri, Western Division. Chapter 7 Panel, 1985 | Trustee
- Western District of Missouri | Trustee
- Western District of Missouri, Chapter 12 Panel, 1996 | Trustee
- Missouri Bar Association | Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association | Member
- Kansas City Women’s Bar Association | Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute | Member
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees | Member
- UMKC School of Law, 1995 | Trustee, Board of Trustees